COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Jul 15th 2020
We are very happy to be allowed to reopen on 25th July, and to welcome you all into our beautiful new studio space, and will be following the Government guidelines and all latest research to ensure you are kept safe. You can expect to see the following measures in place when you visit the studio:
- Staggered classes to allow for cleaning inbetween classes.
- Reduced capacity for classes - 15 in the yoga studio, and 7 in reformer.
- Temperature checks for staff, teachers and customers upon arrival at the studio. If you have a temperature, you will be asked to go home and rest as per Government guidelines
- If you have any of the COVID symptoms including dry cough, temperature, muscle pain or new loss of taste and smell, please do not come to the studio.
- Please wearing a mask into the studio and to wander around but you are welcome to take it off once on your mat or reformer or at your table.
- Customers to bring own mats and props. East of Eden mats and props will not be in use at this time, though we can offer mat rental for £2, with all proceeds to go to the Runneymede Trust.
- One way system in and out of the building for both Studio 1 and Studio 2. Please follow the signs in place.
- Hand sanitiser at all touch points. Please use upon arrival at the studio.
- For the reformer studio, we will provide alcohol based cleaner and wipes we will ask you to thoroughly clean all touch points on your machine after the class. We will clean the room with a viral decontamination mist between each shift.
- We have fresh air ventilation into all studios. Please do bring a warm jumper and socks for Studio 2 savasana, or if you are doing yin yoga, as we will be keeping a window open for fresh air, although the heating will also be on.
- We will regularly clean and disinfect the bathrooms and touch points throughout the studios between every class.
- No arrival before 15 mins before class start time, and no latecomers unfortunately.
- Please arrive dressed for practice, and when you arrive, put your mat down on the designated spot, or head onto your allocated reformer bed. No wandering around the studio please.
- Teachers will remain 2m away from students on the platform in Studio 2 and verbal adjustments only. No physical adjustments in reformer classes either, but teachers will give verbal direction to keep you safe.
- If you aren’t able to get into your class as a result of the new limited capacity, please do consider online live streamed classes which are now a permanent part of the East of Eden offering. In person classes at the studio will also be live streamed, however we will not be showing shots of the people practising at the studio.